Be FREEZIN' FOR A REASON at the
12th Annual Staten Island Polar Plunge
Sunday, December 2, 2018
Registration 10:00AM to 11:30AM
Plunge at NOON
RAIN OR SHINE
The Vanderbilt at South Beach
300 Father Capodanno Blvd.
Staten Island, NY 10305
Gather family, friends, teammate and co-workers to start a POLAR PLUNGE TEAM or join as an individual! Ask everyone you know to help sponsor your plunge in support of local Special Olympics athletes, every dollar makes a difference.
All participants must sign a
liability waiver before plunging.
Participants that are under 18 years old, must have their waver signed by a guardian.
We will have extra Freeze Passes at the plunge.
Contact: Pamela Parker email@example.com // 646-491-6035
1. Registration opens at 10AM. The Plunge is rain or shine. EVERY Plunger MUST check-in at Registration to turn in their signed waiver and receive their bracelet. NO ONE will be permitted to Plunge without a bracelet!
2. Did you receive cash and/or check donations?! GREAT! Bring them with you and turn them in at Registration. We will post them online for you the week after the Plunge!
3. We will have Polar Plunge and Special Olympics swag for sale - so make sure you bring money to shop! Credit cards ARE accepted! ALSO! NEW THIS YEAR!
We will be hosting a Silent Auction powered by Polsky Sports & Entertainment with items and experiences up for bid such as:
- Aaron Judge Game Used Uniform Swatch Collage (including ACTUAL DIRT from Yankee Stadium!)
- Saquon Barkley autographed NY Giants Mini Helmet
- Sam Darnold autographed NY Jets Helmet
- Dance lessons with an NBA Dancer
- ....AND MORE!!
4. Plungers CAN register that day! So while we want everyone signed up online before Sunday - don't fret! If someone decides last minute that they want to plunge, they can register on-site!
5. SAFETY is our NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!! We will have a LOT of volunteers helping to show you the way to the beach. We know that everyone is VERY EXCITED to get in the water, but we ask for your cooperation and patience as we count off waves of 50 plungers to go in at a time.
6. We <3 Spectators! The Polar Plunge is an exciting event - and a GREAT photo op! We will have a designated spot where spectators can stand to witness your plunge. PLEASE share with them that they will NOT be permitted in the Plunge Zone and volunteers will be on-site to keep spectators out of the way of our plungers. And, if your spectator is unable to get a good spot, we will have an official photographer on-site to capture the excitement and will share the photos with everyone!
7. After your plunge, there will be 2 tents available to change in. NOTE: NO ONE will be permitted BACK in The Vanderbilt after they've left. Do NOT leave your belongings in there! You may either leave your towel and change of clothes with a friend or family member who is not plunging, or store them in the changing tent.
Here are some tips to help make your Plunge experience a GREAT one!
· Be unique and wear a costume! Encourage your teammates to do the same!
· Remember to pack a towel and water shoes
· Wear your swimsuit under your clothes so you’ll be ready for the Plunge fun
· Bring along easy to slip-into warm clothes and shoes for after the Plunge
· For your safety, never dive into the water
· Bring a plastic bag for wet clothes, and a waterproof backpack or bag to store your dry clothes
· A GoPro or disposable, waterproof camera is a great way to capture a Plunger’s view of the excitement
· Invite a pal to witness, photograph and have a towel ready for when you leave the water
every Plunger that raises $150 will receive an official Polar Plunge sweatshirt!
every Plunger that raises $400 will get to attend our VIP Sponsor an Athlete Breakfast starting at 10am Sunday morning.
AND! Check out our other Individual Fundraising Incentives here!