Join us for a
FREEZIN' FOR A REASON GREAT TIME !!!
Lake George Polar Plunge
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Registration 9:00AM to11:30AM
Plunge at NOON
Shepards Park Beach
Friday, November 8, 2019
The pre-party will be at the Lake George Beach Club from 8PM-12AM
Gather family, friends, teammate and co-workers to start a POLAR PLUNGE TEAM or join as an individual! Ask everyone you know to help sponsor your plunge in support of local Special Olympics athletes, every dollar makes a difference.
Event Day Information
- Registration opens at 9:00AM. The registration area will be located inside the Lake George Beach Club. ALL PLUNGERS MUST SIGN A WAIVER AT REGISTRATION.
- Clearly mark names and team information on all donations and forms to be submitted. To make registration as efficient as possible please only have yourself and one or two helpers approach the registration tables.
- Each participant raising $100 or more will receive a Plunge sweatshirt
Helpful Hints for First Timers
- Bring a warm change of clothes
- Wear your plunge suit underneath the clothes
- Wear old sneakers into the water
- Bring a second towel to stand on- the sand is cold too!
- Bring spending money for Plunge Merchandise, food and beverages.
We have set a minimum fundraising requirement this year of $25
Schedule of Events
9:00AM Registration opens @ Lake George Beach Club
10:00am Chicken Wing Eating Contest @ Lake George Beach Club
11:00am Costume Contest Awards @ Stage in Shepard's Park
11:30AM Begin Plunge line-up
12:30pm After-party @Lake George Beach Club
To Volunteer Click HERE
For more information and contests click HERE
Director of Development- Capital Region
Special Olympics New York
504 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12304
Phone: 518-388-0790 ext 8128