Cool School ChallengeWhat is the Cool School Challenge?
The Cool School Challenge is a friendly competition between local schools as part of the Town of Brookhaven Polar Plunge. Students and staff are encouraged to create a team of “Plungers” and join the coolest event around! Your school’s team should work together to recruit as many participants as possible, while raising money and awareness for the athletes of Special Olympics New York!
The school team that raises the most money for the Plunge will be named the Cool School Champion for that year, receiving a traveling trophy, school logo on the back of next year’s sweatshirts, a Pizza Party, & ultimate bragging rights!
To be officially entered into the Cool School Challenge, your group must commit to the following:
- Appoint a designated faculty member as Team Captain, who will serve as the point of contact between the school and Special Olympics New York.
- Register online a minimum of 5 students and staff from your school that are committed to raising your sweatshirt minimum each.
- Agree to “challenge” neighboring and rival schools to participate in the Plunge.
- Participation in the Polar Plunge as a Cool School also leads to these meaningful benefits:
- Strengthens your school by uniting students and faculty for a great cause
- Teaches students the importance of being active participants in the community
- Earn community service hours
- Raises awareness of intellectual disabilities in your school
- Creates lasting memories with your peers!