Cool School Challenge
The Cool School Challenge is a friendly competition between local schools as part of the Westchester Polar Plunge. Students and staff are encouraged to create a team of “Plungers” and join the coolest event around! Your school’s team should work together to recruit as many participants as possible, while raising money and awareness for the athletes of Special Olympics New York!
The public and private school team that raises the most money for the Westchester Polar Plunge will be named the Cool School Champion(s) for that year, receiving the Cool School Trophy, first Plunge wave time, logo on next year’s sweatshirts, a pizza party, and bragging rights for a full year!
- Appoint a designated faculty member as Team Captain, who will serve as the point of contact between the school and Special Olympics New York.
- Register online a minimum of 5 students and staff from your school that are committed to raising your sweatshirt minimum each.
- Agree to “challenge” neighboring and rival schools to participate in the Plunge.
- Strengthens your school by uniting students and faculty for a great cause
- Teaches students the importance of being active participants in the community
- Earn community service hours
- Raises awareness of intellectual disabilities in your school
- Creates lasting memories with your peers!